Sunday, February 10, 2013

Packaged heart

At 1030 this morning the surgical team closed Gabriel's chest. He's still full of tubes, wires, leads and lines but his sternum is shut! They also completed the eeg study (brain waves) and removed the IV from his temple so his head is actually visible and touchable.

 The haircut for Beth.

 Elevator monkeys, one of them discovered this riding method and this is now every elevator ride.
 Powell has learned it is not just a hospital but an activity zone, as he has found with I think every other location on the earth. I think he must be a mountaineer at heart, if it exists it should be climbed. The only autograph I ever asked for and have to this day I received from mountain climber Ray Genet. When I was about 12 or 13 he spoke to our Boy Scout Troop, I don't remember what he said but I realized there was something special, something grand about this person. His autograph resides in my studio at BSU and reads "To Earle, to the summit!" I can see Powell in this type of capacity. His tenacity and spirit is unquenchable, often to my chagrin but ever to my pride.
 indefatigable
Several of you have inquired about our address, we are continuing to have our mail forwarded to the Ronald McDonald House.


Earle or Beth Swope
c/o Ronald McDonald House
520 Sand Hill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304